Webster’s dictionary has three definitions for the word miracle
1. an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs
2. an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment
3. a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law
Are you someone who believes in miracles? Do you pay attention and keep track of the miracles that cross your path? Do you often count small coincidences as miracles? If you live like your life is full of miracles, you may just notice more miracles appearing. That’s how the Law of Attraction works.
I find myself noticing lots of coinidences. Last weekend while hosting a women’s retreat at Lakeside, it was astounding to me how miracles kept rolling in like waves to the shoreline. Allow me to share my favorite three below:
1. The plumber I hired arrived to remedy a problem at the Lakeside house where our presenters would be staying arrived exactly at the time I had been told to expect him AND finished the job completely within 10 minutes. (I know, you might say that wasn’t a miracle, but my experience with other service calls tells me it is clearly a #2 variety miracle)
2. While taking a spontaneous walk, I met up with Carmel Lapa, who had also just arrived in Lakeside. Within 3 minutes of meeting Carmel, Jenny Earley also appeared on the path. Carmel mentioned wishing she had some coffee. Since I had some hot coffee in a caraffe back at my house, we agreed to walk in that direction. While we walked, I shared that a family of foxes had been spotted recently near 3rd street. We chose to take a route down 3rd so that we might see them. Sure enough, we heard some rustling and soon found 4 kits and the mother playing in a garden on Plum Street near 3rd. What a joy it was to watch these little babies romp, tumble and entertain us for a full 10 minutes, oblivious to our gaze. The coincidences that brought the three of us to that place and that outstanding sight qualifies as a #2 miracle as well. Coincidentally, nearly all of the other retreat participants saw the foxes during a morning walk the following day. Many photos and a video were taken to document this joyful experience
3. On Saturday morning, our agenda included a class in Tai Chi. Because the weather was so warm and beautiful, our instructor Roseann chose to move class to the Lakeside Dock. There were very few people out at this time of day, which provided a peaceful setting for our class. As we began moving to Roseann’s instructions, the sound of a beautiful violin solo came soaring on the breeze from a man playing on a bench along the lake. We had the perfect musical accompanyment for the movement of chi. Curiously, only 2 minutes after our class ended, the violin ceased and the dock area filled with busloads of boisterous teenagers visiting Lakeside for a band concert. Had they arrived any sooner, it would not have been the same relaxing experience. Divine timing had worked to perfection! This certainly felt like at #1 miracle, although some might call it a coincidence.
I’ll just go out on a limb and say that all of the above are #1 category miracles. I’m one of those people who chooses to know that a Divine power is at work in all things. My prayers invite the Divine to play and create in my world. Not every prayer is answered, however it would appear that many are.
Shortly after returning from the retreat, I recieved news that the son of one of my dearest friends had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. I am hurting for my friend and her family as they face the tests and medical interventions ahead. Is this too, just another Divine intervention taking place in our physical world? I assure myself that there is a bigger picture at work and that yet another miracle is unfolding.