Yesterday I returned from my third visit to Lily Dale, NY – a lovely spiritualist community on the western edge of New York State. It is one of the magical places I recommend in my upcoming book Energy Makeover. Over the years I have held great reluctance and negative judgment around psychic readings and mediums. It wasn’t until I came to Lily Dale in 2009 that I changed my tune and realized that the mediums working here were ethical and very loving servants bringing comfort to those seeking answers and a higher purpose. It doesn’t hurt that Lily Dale is charming, historic, beautiful and full of fun things to do and learn.
On this trip I traveled with 4 female friends primarily to attend the Friday and Saturday seminars with nationally known mediums Sharon Klingler (sharonklingler.com) and John Holland (www.johnholland.com). During our trip we also had plenty of time to wander the grounds, journal, talk, dine and attend the public readings at Inspiration Stump. We enjoyed near perfect weather, a full moon and many “goose bump moments”.
I am compelled to share thoughts of gratitude and lessons that were part of the latest experience so that you, too can ponder application to your own spiritual growth.
Top 10 Lessons Learned from Mediums Sharon Klingler and John Holland
1. Receive and Deliver. Just like a mailman, take the information given without analyzing it, find the place where it needs to go and move on quickly.
2. You can’t be a medium unless you are psychic.
3. Let go of judgment
4. Keep studying. Everything you know will be used by spirit to serve you and your clients.
5. Always bring in family and friends first when doing readings. Evidence raises frequency, which amplifies more information flow.
6. You are Divine. There is no need for protection because YOU can do it.
7. Be more perceptive than reflective. Feel more….think less
8. Someone who took their life will always show themselves accompanied by another spirit.
9. Always provide clients with choices. Make the information verifiable and flexible.
10. Use Stephen OBrien’s CERT formula for readings. CERT stands for:
* Return helpful support
* Tie up loose ends
Overall Conclusion: Business people could learn quite a bit by studying mediums. It really is about being open and present to hearing/seeing/feeling what the market or client needs, then responding in a timely way without overthinking. Confirmation really means asking questions to ensure there is a good fit for that response. When that fit is there, evidence is obvious, emotions lift and harmony prevails.
Gratitude Moments from Visit Three
Gorgeous blue skies and soft clouds
Excellent coffee, amazing blueberry crumb cake and fun atmosphere at Cup-O-Joe (a must do stop!)
Courteous, curious and open-minded travel buddies
A peaceful environment full of pleasant people
Great 3rd row seminar seats (arrived early for first come, seat selection)
Having my name drawn for a free book by Sandra Taylor
The stillness and bird songs at Inspiration Stump
The healing power that comes from knowing that souls are eternal
Realizing that I reliably connect with information from the spirit world
Safe journey there and back home again.
You can see some of our photos from the trip on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/betsy.muller
Learn more about Lily Dale at www.lilydaleassembly.com