Its easy to get discouraged when you make a list of goals and deliberate changes you desire in your life — only to be faced with the same old results. I often remind my clients that waiting is part of the process, including holding on to faith and hope.
The truth is, nothing really changes until we change. Radical change is hard. As much as we say we want it, change is unknown and scary. You know what it is like to live with your current pain or conflicts, but living without them opens up a whole new world.
I don’t think positive change needs to be radical or scary. What it does require is being open to consistent baby steps in the same direction. That means doing a small new thing each day. It certainly means using an amazing tool like EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) on a consistent basis to chip away at your blocks and limiting beliefs. It’s this consistency that makes the difference. The journey begins with a single tiny step.
Here’s are a few suggested baby steps you might consider for easing into change for the long haul:
1. Take a deep breath before speaking – whenever
2. Tap away a craving or unhealthy desire at least one time each day (if needed)
3. List your top 10 positive words and use them in your vocabulary now
4. List 30 easy things you could do to show love for yourself – then do one of them each day for a month.
5. Take action to improve or heal a relationship – apologize, visit, offer forgiveness, call, write or just show someone you care
6. Honor someone unexpectedly
7. Do an anonomous good deed
8. Speak only positive words for a whole hour
9. Let go of something on your to do list – give it to a higher power.
10. Honor a promise
Become someone you can admire and someone who follows through. Consistent baby steps are the key to success and possible for EVERYONE.